Life, love and passion

Life, love and passion

Monday, August 9, 2010

My life - An unforgettable experience

“ Pose for a picture , wushu team members !” , shouted Ying Seong, the president of wushu club of USMKK, with a big jolly smile plastered on his face. And then, there was a blinding flash of light, followed by a soft click. That picture was taken right after the Chinese New Year night event. Everyone was in a state of euphoria as the wushu performance is finally over. I could still remember how relieved I was feeling at that moment. I was smiling from ear to ear and I was filled with sheer happiness. At that very moment, it felt like a pair of 10 kg dumb bells had been lifted from my shoulders. It felt so good back then. I could still reminisce how wushu training was like for me. As I was not an active person, wushu training was really tough for me. I had to undergo stamina training such as frog jump, sprinting, jogging, ‘duck walk’ and more. Moreover, the warm up session during wushu training was like a torture session to me. I had to spread my legs open wide apart and slowly bend forward until my chest touches the floor. That flexibility exercise was so painful that it immediately brought tears to my eyes. That sheer agony was really unforgettable. Besides , practicing wushu and memorizing the steps were not an easy task too. Thus , in my opinion, to be able to withstand wushu training sessions and not giving up till the very end is considered a great achievement. I managed to perform wushu with my other wushu team members during Chinese New Year night event and I must say it was really an unforgettable experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment